Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities (MLPD) is recruiting for an Accessibility Services Facilitator/Coordinator. The Accessibility Services Facilitator/Coordinator will plan, coordinate and deliver employer workshops regarding the Accessibility for Manitobans Act – Employment Standard. In addition, the successful candidate will coordinate the MLPD Accessibility Review Program.
The MLPD is a united voice of people with disabilities, and supporters. The MLPD promotes equal rights, full participation in society, and facilitates positive change through advocacy and public education for persons with disabilities. The Manitoba League of Persons with Disabilities is a provincial not-for-profit charitable organization that promotes accessibility and inclusion for people of all abilities.
The MLPD launched its social enterprise in 2016. The MLPD Accessibility Consulting Services Program offers accessibility expertise to any organization looking to become compliant with the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA). Recently the MLPD has developed its Accessibility Review Program which engages community members who have lived experience with a disability to provide reviews for employers about the accessibility of their facilities and/or services. Those who review may also attend workshops, to deliver presentations about their experiences to employers. This focus ensures that employers see and connect with individuals who have the experience and increases their understanding of the need for accessibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for further developing this program and to formalize the processes.
Currently the MLPD has received grant funding to conduct outreach, promote accessible employment practices and educate Manitoba employers regarding the recently passed Accessible Employment Standard Regulation.
The Accessibility Services Facilitator/Coordinator will be responsible for this work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with community partners in the organization, marketing and delivery of at minimum of 12 workshops per annum:
- Identify potential partners.
- Meet or connect with potential partners to propose the workshop.
- Develop and manage partner agreements.
- Co-ordinate with partners to set-up the logistics and marketing for each workshop.
- Be responsible for ensuring that registration is set-up and each workshop is managed according to budget.
- Monitor and manage the program funding related to the workshop delivery and registration.
- Attend and deliver the workshop, currently under development.
- Provide follow-up as needed.
- Co-ordination of the MLPD’s Accessibility Review Program:
- Develop information resources about the program targeted to both employers and potential reviewers (community individuals with lived experience with a disability).
- Meet with potential reviewers to ensure they understand their role.
- Develop reviewer agreements.
- Develop employer agreements.
- Coordinate the engagement of reviewers to attend each employer workshop.
- Monitor the reviewer’s delivery and provide coaching and feedback as/if required.
- Manage the payment to the reviewers per the budget.
- Respond to employer requests for personalized accessibility reviews and provide proposals for their consideration.
- Follow-up and deliver services as/if requested.
- Administration and reporting:
- Provide regular reporting on activities and budget.
- Responsible for related administration activities.
The requirements of the position include the completion of a post-secondary program in a related area, accompanied by 3 to 5 years’ experience in the not for profit sector, or a combination of education and experience.
- Disability awareness and understanding, with an appreciation or life experience of facing barriers (preference will be to those with lived experience with a disability).
- Strong understanding of the Disability Issues Office Accessibility for Manitobans Act.
- Strong professional communication and writing skills.
- Project coordination abilities.
- Training skills.
- Customer services skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to set and manage budgets.
This position is a part-time 20 hours per week up to March 31, 2022. Compensation for this position is based on experience and qualifications (between $18 to $20.40 per hour).
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to MLPD at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until February 13, 2020.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Download pdf version of this job posting: Accessibility Services FacilitatorCoordinator_fnl3