MLPD provides a voice for people with disabilities bridging the gap between government and the disability community in Manitoba.
MLPD provides supports that help community members feel included and able to accomplish and achieve any task.
MLPD Keeps members informed about events, initiatives and developments that impact the disability community as they happen.
Accessibility Resources Developed by MLPD.
A series of video clips enacting conversations between an employee and their manager. Each video will deal with disability related issues that may arise in the workplace. This is also a part of the MCWD Mid-Career Workers with Disabilities Project.
Returning to Work after a Leave is a self-paced online learning tool which is part of the MCWD Mid-Career Workers with Disabilities Project.
The MLPD has invested substantial efforts into the implementation of the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) legislation through its new social enterprise offering accessibility consulting services. Learn more about the accessibility consulting services we can provide.
- Annual Report 2020-2021
- Annual Report 2019-2020
- Annual Report 2018-2019
- Annual Report 2017-2018
- Annual Report 2016-2017
- Annual Report 2015-2016
- Annual Report 2014-2015
- Annual Report 2013-2014
- Annual Report 2012-2013
- Annual Report 2011-2012
- Annual Report 2010-2011
Community Organizations and Resources
- Council of Canadians with Disabilities
- Barrier Free Manitoba’s
- Abilities Manitoba
- Visually Impaired Resource Network
- People First of Canada
- People First of Manitoba
- Canadian Hard of Hearing Association
- Reaching Equality Employment Services
- Cerebral Palsy Association of Manitoba
- Inclusion Winnipeg
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development Inc.
- Arthritis Society Manitoba and Nunavut
- SEED Winnipeg
- Resource Centre for Manitobans who are Deaf-Blind
- Deaf Centre Manitoba Inc.
- Manitoba Brain Injury Association
- Manitoba Possible (Formerly Society for Manitobans with Disabilities)
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind
Government of Manitoba
- Disability Benefits
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) Registered Disability Savings Plan
- Toronto-Dominion (TD) Registered Disability Savings Plan
- Bank of Montreal (BMO) Registered Disability Savings Plan
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Registered Disability Savings Plan
- Assiniboine Credit Union (ACU) Registered Disability Savings Plan
- Steinbach Credit Union (SCU) Registered Disability Savings Plan
- University of Manitoba (U of M) Accessibility Hub
- University of Manitoba (U of M) Student Accessibility Services
- University of Winnipeg (U of W) Accessibility Plan
- University of Winnipeg (U of W) Accessibility Services
- University of Winnipeg Student Association (UWSA) Access Lounge
- Brandon University (BU) Accessibility Hub
- Brandon University (BU) Student Accessibility Services
- Red River College (RRC) Accessibility Services
- Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT) Accessibility Plan
- Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (MITT) Accessibility Services
- Assiniboine College Accessibility & Disability
- University College of the North (UCN) Accessibility
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students
- City of Winnipeg Access Advisory Committee
- City of Brandon Accessibility Overview
- City of Steinbach Accessibility
- City of Selkirk Accessibility Plan
- City of Winkler Accessibility Plan
- City of Mordon Accessibility Plan
- City of Thompson Accessibility Policy
- City of Thompson Taxicab By-Law (including “Adapted Taxicab(s)”)
- Town of The Pas Accessibility Plan
- Town of Minnedosa Accessibility Plan
- Town of Virden Accessibility Plan
- Sherwood Handivan